Friday, April 3, 2009

Wholehearted Retreat Notes Part 2

Jesus is the Way

John 14:6 – I am the way, and the truth, and the life

What does God look like that my children are seeing in my home?

Jennie's thoughts- Is He very harsh and His name only mentioned when your children misbehave? Is He only gracious and has no consequences for sin? Is there a way to teach your children about GRACE and LAW, not just one or the other? This balance is a struggle for me. I totally err on the side of law - learning it, abiding in it. Of course, this struggle is not just to teach my children these things, it's also to learn them myself!!!

Who is the Jesus you are worshiping in front of your kids?

Psalm 86:11 – The prayer of our heart.

Unite my heart (undivided heart)

In the absence of biblical conviction, people will go the way of culture – neighborhood culture, small group culture, church culture, family culture, etc. What culture are you following? Are those choices and priorities biblical ones?? Just because they come from your church or well-intentioned Christian people around you, does not mean that they are true and right. Search the scriptures for yourself! I pray that my boys learn and see an accurate portrayal of God through my words and actions.

Psalm 119:1-5, 105 – Our ways will be established by walking in His ways.

Proverbs 4:18-19 – path of the righteous (light) vs. way of wicked (dark)

Hebrews 12:1-3 – Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith


0 comments: