Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jer 6:16

This is my new favorite verse.

"Stand at the crossroads and look. Ask for the ancient paths. Ask where the good way is and walk in it and you will find rest for your souls."

It's such a nice reminder to me that women have been homemakers, homeschoolers, wives and mothers for thousands of years. Sometimes less is more. (Now, don't think I have any plans to give up my dishwasher or clothes washer - because I don't!). But sometimes, we can choose the "ancient path," for instance, giving away some of the huge kitchen appliances that we rarely use that take up precious space. For me, that was an electric wok and a steamer. I also moved the other hardly used appliances (that my husband isn't yet willing to part with) up high so that I can utilize the space that I can reach.

"Stand at the crossroads and look." Before making decisions, pause and think, What would God have me do here? What is best for my family, my energy level, my sanity?

0 comments: