Saturday, October 22, 2011

Apple time

For the first time in my life, I completely understand what people mean when they say that "the weather has turned." We are now having crispy cold mornings and heaps of red and yellow leaves are falling out of our trees. And it really seemed like someone flipped a switch and it came on suddenly.

The good news is that it's apple time of year! We got some local apples from a nearby community called Emmett.

My mom got an apple contraption from Bed, Bath and Beyond that peels, cores and slices the apples. It works surprisingly well and of course my mini-engineers love it. I made some baked apples for tonight's dinner in about 10 minutes. Brown sugar, cinnamon, probably 30 minutes in the oven at 350. Yum!!

What fall baking or crafting have you started?








Oh and today we harvested about 30 pounds of potatoes!



They are in the garage hardening off. Next week they'll go into long-term storage (a dark box) and should last us for several months.

1 comments:

Sacha Rosburg said...

I picked up some Pumpkin muffin mix at Trader Joes the other day. The kids loved them. I also made a berry crisp the other night. Going to make an apple crisp tonight or tomorrow. Trying to get my baking groove on :)