Tuesday, January 12, 2010

From "What is a Family" by Schaeffer

p. 139-140 "Human beings are very unbalanced and prone to go off on tangents. In every area of life- with too great emphasis on one thing, leaving out another important thing altogether. None of us will ever be perfectly balanced in our spiritual lives, our intellectual lives, our emotional lives, our family lives, in relationships with other human beings, or in our business lives. BUT WE ARE CHALLENGED TO TRY, WITH THE HELP OF GOD. We are meant to live in the scriptures."

This passage is right on for me. I feel like I am not good at balance, (when in reality, I am actually pretty good at it a majority of the time...) and hate the feeling like I will have to "reevaluate" all the time. It's the all or nothing mentality, not fully accepting my human limits. With God's help, I can strive for balance and not get overwhelmed when things get out of balance. A little adjustment and we're on our way.

Where are you on this continuum? No balance? A little balance? Pretty well balanced? If out of balance, what area are you neglecting and which are getting too much of your time, energy, resources...???

0 comments: