Monday, November 16, 2009

You know it's Christmas when....

your child has a nightmare about a toy catalog!!!

Yes, Josh woke up crying last night and when we went in, he was obviously not awake but was able to say, "I can't figure out how to make the Target toys come out."

We thought it was hilarious at that point because he'd had his nose buried in the Target toy catalog all day.

Then, this morning when I asked him if he remembered his dream, he said, "Yes!"

"Was there something scary about the toys?"

"No. I knew that they were able to come out of the catalog and I couldn't figure out how to make them do it."

"You mean like toys that were alive?"

"No, just real toys. I wanted them to come out and they wouldn't."

Sigh. However hard I work to live a simple and not so commercial life around here, there will always be the toy catalog at Grandma's house.

Smile. Give your kid the catalog. Then sit down and have a quiet time because it will be so quiet in your home. :)

1 comments:

Carly said...

Hilarious! Eden now goes to the mailbox with me to see if any of her "magazines" are waiting for her. It does make the house quiet for a while...until you hear, "Mom, I really want this real car for Christmas!"